Histamine Intolerance is Real
Umbrellux® DAO supplement can help.
Many foods and beverages contain histamine. Some trigger the release of histamine in the gut.
Individuals who are sensitive or intolerant to dietary histamine react in a number of ways, from digestive disturbances to sneezing and congestion, red/watery eyes, flushed skin, even hives and headache.
Symptoms of Histamine Intolerance
- Vasodilation (flushing/reddening)
- Stuffy, Runny Nose/Sneezing
- Swelling or red, watery eyes
- Headache or Migraine
- Diarrhea, cramps, bloating
- Feelings of anxiety
- Urticaria (hives)
- Cheese (all types, especially aged)
- Aged, cured, process and fermented
- Meats (pepperoni, sausage, bacon)
- Vinegar (all types)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Berries (especially strawberries)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Milk and dairy products
- Citrus fruits
DAO Enzyme-Inhibiting Drugs
- Adalimumab (Humira)
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
- Etanercept (Enbrel)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Ranitidine (Zantac)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
**While histamine is found in a wide variety of foods. Some foods may additionally stimulate the release of histamine within the body. These foods are known as “histamine liberators”
Alcoholic beverages present a “triple-threat” to histamine levels by:
- Introducing histamine levels.
- Liberating histamine.
- Blocking the activity of DAO in the gastrointestinal tract.
Read more about Histamine Intolerance.